We are accepting applications for the below positions on an on-going basis within the Sunset Community located along the Northumberland Strait in Pugwash, Nova Scotia, serving adults with developmental, physical, behavioural, psychological and/or psychiatric challenges.
For specific competition information please check out our News & Events section on the home page of our website where we will post a news item when we are recruiting specific positions.
You will be contacted if you have been selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest in The Sunset Community
Residential Counsellors (RC)
Preference given to persons having completed the following:
- Community Disability Support Worker program.
- Continuing Care Assistant.
- First Aid/CPR.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention.
- Positive non aversive approaches.
- Minimum grade 12
Staff / Nurse Supervisors (LPN)
- Must have current registration to practice nursing in Nova Scotia.
- Possess analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in mental health care is desirable.
Positions available: Journeyman cook, dietary service worker, environmental service worker and maintenance staff.
- Minimum Grade 12
- Preference given to persons having completed courses in dietary, environmental services and maintenance trades.