We are hiring for casual Support Services positions
- Positions are within our Dietary & Environmental Services departments
- Positions are primarily day based but will include weekends & holidays
- Great pay
- Great benefits (with a position)
You can also drop of your Résumé at our front office:
140 Sunset Lane
Pugwash, NS, B0K 1L0
You will be contacted if you have been selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest in The Sunset Community
We are hiring
Casual Residential Counsellors (RC) Full or part time casual positions
Preference given to persons having completed the following:
- Community Disability Support Worker program.
- Continuing Care Assistant.
- First Aid/CPR.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention.
- Positive non aversive approaches.
- Minimum grade 12
- Clean criminal record checks
- Drivers License
Apply using our online application here
or send your Résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
20th July 2018
11am – 2pm
Please join us at our new social enterprise in Oxford to celebrate the grand opening of our thrift store, cafe, online auction & laundromat. We will be serving free beverages and sweet treats throughout our grand opening so drop by and see what we have to offer.
Our services include a “New to you” thrift store that is well stocked with ever changing products. We have a small café that is open daily offering a variety of beverages and sweet treats (lunch menu to follow) along with a self serve laundromat where you can do your laundry while shopping or maybe have a bite to eat at our café. If you don’t feel like doing your own laundry why not let us do it for you for only $6.00 per load (Fluff & Fold)
We have just started our weekly auction on our Facebook page where you can enjoy the fun of an auction and get a bargain at the same time. Check it out here
We are on Twitter too so check us out in 140 characters or less 🙂
Social Enterprise News
This week marks our first online auction that we are running out of our new thrift store in Oxford. We will be running them each Wednesday until the following Tuesday each and every week.
If anything catches your eye please bid on it as it supports our mission to provide safe, supportive learning and work experiences for persons with disabilities in Cumberland County.
Check out our Facebook page where you can find the latest auction and other great news coming from our new store.
What is a social enterprise?
A social enterprise is a business or organization operated for the purpose of addressing social, cultural or environmental challenges. The majority of profits and surpluses are reinvested to support community needs.
We are hiring!
Staff / Nurse Supervisors (LPN)
- Must have current registration to practice nursing in Nova Scotia.
- Possess analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in mental health care is desirable.
Please send résumé to Jill Peterson at email@example.com
or fill in our online application here
Our Café opens today
Why not take a drive down to Oxford and check out our Café along with our thrift store and laundromat. You won’t be disappointed!
- We offer a full service Fluff and fold laundry service as well as a laundromat so you can do it yourself if you prefer.
- Our thrift store is very well stocked with new items arriving daily. Look out for weekly specials along with other exciting sales.
- Our café will have many coffee, tea and speciality drinks along with some delicious sweet treats. (menu subject to change)
Find us at 18 Water Street in Oxford!
Find us on Facebook
Here at the Sunset Community we have been patiently creating a gardening committee for our residents. After 3 years we have finally begun to see some results. Our residents truly enjoy the relaxing act of gardening and we have all been enjoying the fruits of our labour. Whether it has been just eating fresh veggies out of the garden or going to our resident kitchen areas and cooking things like Squash soup, or kale chips, it has been a rewarding process for all. We here at sunset, as a not for profit organization, would like to ask our community if anyone has anything they would be willing to donate to our residents through a wish list.
We would like to build a greenhouse so any plastic or lumber.
Any plants or trees (Perennial/annual)
If anyone would like to assist or donate please contact Shawn Crouse, Manager of Support Services and head of the Gardening committee, at 902-243-2571 EXT.228