Employment Opportunity – Occupational Therapist
Sunset Community description:
The Sunset Community is located on the Northumberland Strait in the picturesque village of Pugwash, Nova Scotia.
The Sunset Community supports adults with Physical and Intellectual disabilities. We provide safe and supportive living, learning and work environments so each individual can live a satisfying and meaningful life.
The Sunset Community is a leader in removing barriers which prevent those we support from access to choices
As an Occupational Therapist you will provide support to the Sunset Community Clients, Health Clinic, Nurse Managers, and report to the Director of Client Services regarding any responsibilities.
The successful candidate will provide programs and services to Sunset Clients according to established standards and administrative policies. This will involve assessing client’s needs, and planning, implementing and documenting Occupational Therapy services while working as part of a multi-disciplinary team. They will be responsible for other duties as assigned and as part of the job description.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy or Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy Entry Level, from an accredited University
• Registered member of the College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia
• BLS-C or CPR certification
• Eligibility for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
• Previous experience in Physical Medicine – O.T.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to organize, develop and initiate ideas and programs
• Commitment to working in an interdisciplinary approach
• Demonstrate good communication skills, verbally and in writing
• Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position
• Require access to a reliable vehicle
• Criminal Record Check
• Proof of education & training certifications
• Proof of any additional required qualification
• Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
• Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Hours of work: 2 days weekly.
Salary Information: As per provincial pay scale.