We are always accepting applications for the below positions on an on-going basis within the Sunset Community located along the Northumberland Strait in Pugwash, Nova Scotia, serving adults with developmental, physical, behavioural, psychological and/or psychiatric challenges.
For specific competition information please check out our News & Events section on the home page of our website where we will post a news item when we are recruiting specific positions.
Our minimum requirements to become an employee of The Sunset Community, is a current criminal and vulnerable persons record check, and proof of your grade twelve education.
Positions we offer:
- Residential Counsellors (RC) casuals
- Providing personal care and support for the residents of The Sunset Community
- Support Services
- Positions available within Support Services: Journeyman cook, dietary service worker, environmental service worker and maintenance staff.
- Staff / Nurse Supervisors (LPN)
- Must have or willing to obtain Nova Scotia LPN Licenses .
- Possess analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in mental health care is desirable.
- Vocational Counsellors
- Responsible for teaching, supervising and evaluating the skills and progress of Client workers employed at the Sunset Community. The position involves supporting clients in all functions that facilitate the operation of the retail outlet & Sunset Industries. In addition to supporting clients in their work, the Vocational Counsellor is responsible for carrying out any assigned duties and tasks that are necessary for the successful operation of the business within but not limited to the Industries, thrift store, the laundry and the café.
You can fill in our online application HERE
Email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send your résumé to
PO Box 130
140 Sunset Lane,
Nova Scotia, B0K 1L0